Diary of an emigrant

Sunday, April 22, 2007

The CELTA clan

Leaving work isn't the only recent news. In March, Naice spent 4 weeks in Edinburgh doing her full-time intensive Cambridge CELTA course, which was a traumatic experience (for both of us!). She has now passed it, and I think she can consider it a major achievement: not only is it considered a post-graduate qualification, but it is generally only completed by native English speakers. I'm very proud of her, and it also means we are now a TEFL family, as I got my CELTA in 1995.

So at least we can expect our children to be able to speak reasonably good English...!

1 comment:

Naice said...

Indeed it was a very traumatic experience for both us, but thanks to Clive,family and CELTA colleagues & tutors, I managed to finish my course successfully - Obrigada for your support.